We live in a very Yang society – one that drives and pushes so hard that exhaustion is rewarded and busy-ness is worshiped. We have become more and more busy but less and less effective. Creativity and innovation have stagnated as we are expected to perform to perfection which means failure is unacceptable. Like ants running from a hill that got stepped on, moving with unclear direction in the fastest way possible. At the expense of our health, our relationships, and our purpose. Somewhere along the way, we have accepted this chaos as normal. Most people when asked what they would do if they didn’t have to do all that they think they have to do reply with “I don’t know”. And even if we do know what we want to do, the next reply is “I can’t because…” or “I will do it when XYZ thing is done”.
So now we have a society full of people who are
- too busy to even think about purpose,
- too tired for the fire of passion to drive them to it,
- full of fear and circumstances holding them back from doing anything about it anyway.
This leads to people
- surviving rather than thriving,
- living for the weekend which is filled with chores and little rest,
- dead inside seeking out thrills in addictions like shopping, eating, alcohol, drugs,
- suffering from broken relationships with self and others, and
- numbing ourselves as we wait for retirement or some later point in life where we think we will finally get to live.
In this state, we are diminished, exhausted, stressed, no longer able to keep up at work, at home, giving our leftovers to family at the end of the day, and feeling guilty for any time to ourselves. But it doesn’t have to be this way. We were made for so much more! We all have the same purpose – to love and be loved, but the execution of that purpose is unique to each individual, driven by passions. Let us bring you in to a restful place, help guide you to find your yin, your joy, your passion, and celebrate with you as you breakthrough. Have fun, and leave empowered, with a strong tribe of women who have your back as you go on to live your best life. Learn more about BEU here.