We are SO proud of you for choosing to invest in YOU. We believe that self-care is a necessary step in best caring for those around us, and that the best version of you is just waiting to be revealed. Live a passion filled, purpose driven life, we’re here to kick start your journey. Below is some additional information to support you in getting here, and please send us any additional questions you may have. We are beyond thrilled to have you join us, and can’t wait to be a part of your journey. You belong here!
- Get connected!
- Get rewarded!
- Share your trip plans with your friends. You and your friend will each receive a $50 credit. There are no limits here, so bring the whole group.
- Get prepared!
- Read the travel information below to familiarize yourself and review the FAQ, and what to pack.
- Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are here for you.
- We will meet near the Seattle airport on Wednesday, September 19 at noon.
- Parking is available at a nearby parking ramp, for a daily fee.
- All transportation once you have arrived will be covered by the BEU programming.
- If you are flying into the event, you’ll choose SEA- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
- Please contact us if you need any assistance with travel plans. We’re happy to help.
- Plan to arrive at the pickup location near the Seattle airport on Wednesday, September 19 at noon.
- The daily schedule varies by activity, but typically begins around 8am for breakfast and ends around 7pm.
- Free time is built into the daily schedule for socializing or individual reflection.
- You’ll be brought back to the same pickup location near the airport by 7pm on Sunday, September 23.
- Please consider those with sensitivities to fragrances. BEU does not allow scented products in our retreats. No perfumes or fragranced lotions/shampoos/soaps/sprays, please.
- Per fire regulations, no candles or open flames are allowed. Smoking is not allowed on the property, or within 100’ of event programming.
- Overnight Stays/Retreat Lounging
- Dress as you like, but we will be in loose comfortable clothing, and may even stay in our pajamas. Why not? Dress however you feel comfortable learning and socializing in within a private non-judgmental setting.
- Toiletries will be provided by the Ranch, but feel free to bring your own unscented products as you like.
- Cell phone charger
- Learning materials will be provided by BEU programming, but feel free to bring your own as well if you have a favorite way of learning
- Dinner out
- We will be going into town for a dinner. Nothing fancy needed here, dress attire is casual.
- Hiking shoes if you have them, or a good pair of running shoes – the activities require supportive shoes with good soles to account for loose and uneven terrain
- Small daypack/backpack or tote bag – you’ll want to have your hands free for paddling and hiking
- Water bottle – we will have bottles of water available for you, but please consider the environment in bringing your favorite reusable water bottle
- Suggested (For Kayaking, Hiking, and optional Swimming):
- Beach towel
- Swim suit
- Athletic wear for kayaking and hiking
- Long pants for lounging in the cool of the evening
- Water shoes
- Flip Flops
- Sunscreen (unscented)
- Bug Spray (unscented)
- What are the accommodations?
- We are staying one night at Campbell’s Resort on Lake Chelan, and three nights at Stehekin Valley Ranch.
- Take a tour of the facilities and amenities here: stehekinvalleyranch.com and www.campbellsresort.com
- Accommodations are based on double occupancy. If you are sharing a room with a friend, please let us know so we can pair you up. A limited number of accommodations are available for an additional fee if you’d prefer a room to yourself, just ask.
- Stehekin Valley Ranch cabins are each unique, but all offer a private bathroom and kitchen area as well as electricity. There is no wifi and no cell service at the Ranch. There is limited wifi available for purchase in town.
- What is the food like?
- All meals, snacks, and beverages will be provided by the BEU programming.
- Nutrition plays a key part in allowing us to live our best life, so it’s an important focus of BEU to provide nutritious meals designed to fuel your journey. Meals at the ranch are made-to-order style buffet, and we may pack out a lunch for a picnic. We will have one dinner at a restaurant in the town of Chelan. Snacks range from salty to sweet, naughty and nice. Beverages are available all day including water, coffee, tea, cocoa, and limited beer/wine/champagne to coordinate with the activity. Food preferences can be accommodated, just ask. And, you’re welcome to bring your own food and beverages as well. A refrigerator is available, and there are snacks available for sale in town, as well as at the bakery and organic farm.
- What is the itinerary?
- We have one day of travel from Seattle starting at noon to a resort in Chelan where dinner will be provided at a restaurant. We will take a ferry the next morning and arrive in Stehekin in time for lunch with programming followed by dinner and social hour. For the two activity days, we will get started around 8am and conclude around 7pm. Time for meals, socializing, individual time, group lessons, and adventure are carved out for you. The last day is spent traveling back from Stehekin to Chelan and finally back to Seattle. Breakfast and Lunch are served on this day, and we’ll have you back in Seattle by 7pm. We typically operate on a fluid schedule due to the nature of adventure, but you’ll be given an orientation each day so you know what to expect.
- What do I need to know about the activities?
- This adventure includes a guided kayaking tour and a guided hiking tour both designed for beginners in mind. Advanced thrill seekers will have the option for additional challenges as part of the programming. We’ll work with you on your comfort level and limits to ensure you are getting a workout to create those happy endorphins.
- You’ll be working primarily upper body with the kayaking event, and lower body with the hiking event. Please let your guides know if you have any limitations or concerns with participating in these activities.
- Go at your own pace. This programming is for you. While we will explore limits and comfort zones, you won’t ever be pushed to a point of fear, or asked to participate where you are not comfortable. Use your voice, let us know if there is anything that gives you concern, and we will support you in your journey.
- What is the weather like?
- This event is taking place in September, where temperatures and weather patterns in Washington can vary. Typically, you can expect day time temperatures in the 60s, and evening temperatures in the 40s.
- We will carefully monitor the weather and may consider changing or cancelling programming as a result. Please see our Cancellation Policy for more information on this.
- Anything else?
- Let us know what other questions you have. We’re here to help you have the time of your life.
- Please refer to our Payment and Cancellation policy here.
- There are several companies (unaffiliated with BEU) that offer travel insurance to cover a variety of situations that may arise causing a cancellation in your trip. A few are listed below –